10. Thought he was starring in the conclusion to his seminal “Clyde” trilogy, “Any Which Way But Sane.”
9. Was promised Morgan Freeman voiceover for chair on televised broadcast.
8. Chair only remaining actor who will tolerate Eastwood’s tyrannical directing style.
7. Thought Chair was articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking chair.
6. Promised he could do for Wal-Mart’s Furniture Department what “Halftime in America” commercial did for Chrysler.
5. Teaser for his new MTV Reality show "Eastwood vs. Chair."
4. Guy is 82 years old, really thought Obama was sitting in chair.
3. Was told he was hosting the Oscars, Obama would be CGI’d in later.
2. Chair needed a job, wouldn’t take government handout.
And the number one reason Clint Eastwood spoke to an empty chair at the Republican National Convention……..
1. HE BUILT IT! Thank you ladies and gentlemen!